Friday, July 8, 2011

Guatemala Mission Trip Report

I am sorry that it has been so long since I have posted on my blog! Since the last post I have been on two mission trips and slowly started adjusting back to life at home. After my Guatemala trip, I had a set back and it has taken a little bit longer to recover. Now everything is almost back to normal and I have just reorganized all my coupons - so let's go shopping...LOL!!!

First - an update on my Guatemala Mission Trip! We had a wonderful time!!! We had 86 saved during our trip!!! We fit hundreds of people with glasses, gave away a lot of flip flops to children in need and soooo much more! Here are some pics!!!


(Here I am fitting a lady with reading glasses. 
I had to reinvent a Guatemalan newspaper as my eye chart!)


(On this day we had the privilege to serve spaghetti at the "dump." We served the spaghetti with spoons!!! It was a wonderfully humbling experience!!!)


(On this day we went to the chicken coop and gave out flip flops, handmade dolls, 
hair bands and chapstick!!!)


(Here I am at the Nutritional Center with baby Isabella!!!)

So how did coupons play a part in this trip?
I used coupons on most of the products I packed: Secret Clinical Deodorant, Razors, Shampoo, etc. It was nice to not have to BUY these items at full price because I had them in my (now empty) stockpile!




No comments:

Post a Comment