Friday, July 8, 2011

Newspapers and Coupons

I have learned lately that not all newspapers are created equally!!!

I have learned some tricks about newspapers that I want to share:

1. Buy you newspaper inside the store!!!
I always go inside and buy my newspaper inside - this is so I can look through my paper before I buy it! There is nothing more frustrating that buying a newspaper that does not have coupons in it!!! ALWAYS look BEFORE you buy! This also helps because coupons are usually not inserted during holiday weekends - but last weekend (4th of July) there were coupons! Go figure?!?!?!?

2. Buy different newspapers!!!
I have to admit that I have not been too impressed with Knoxville's Sunday paper! So we have been getting the Morristown Citizen Tribune ($1.75) at the gas station next to Gondelier's restaurant. We have also been picking up the Lexington Herald ($2) at the Shell gas station in Middlesboro! I had been pleased with the amount of coupons in both of these papers! Also - remember to pick up extra copies of the Claiborne Progress (50 cents) when it has the Proctor and Gamble in it!

3. Consider Subscriptions!!!
Go online and see if your favorite newspaper is cheaper when you have it delivered to your house! Most newspapers have a special deals on "Sunday Only" subscriptions. 

4. Recycle!!!
I really hate to admit this, but I do not read the newspaper that I buy. Sometimes the newspaper gets read during football season, but that is usually it. So make sure to pass the newspapers on to family, friends, coworkers, etc.! Also - make sure to take it to the recycling bin - and look for extra coupon inserts while you are there!!! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment